At St Mary's we highly value a strong partnership with parents. We encourage parents to become actively involved in school life. In order for parents to participate in school activities an up-to-date Working With Children Check.
Some examples of ways parents can be involved in school life include:
- Helping in the classroom;
- Attending Parent Teacher interviews;
- Attending information meetings at the beginning of the school year;
- Posting comments and/or feedback on their child’s learning through digital avenues;
- Parents and Friends Committee;
- School Advisory Committee;
- Athletics days;
- Sporting Events;
- Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Lent and Easter Celebrations;
- Advent and Christmas Celebrations;
- Weekly Parish Mass held at school;
- Feast Day Celebrations;
- Activity days;
- Special food days; and
- Icy-pole Fridays.
Parents and Friends Committee
The Parent & Friends (P&F) is a valued part of the school community and provides opportunities for parents to plan and organise activities for the benefit of the school:
- To organise community events for the school.
- To work with the Advisory Committee to further the wellbeing of the school community through facilitating the partnership between the School, the Parish and home.
- To support the School Advisory Committee and the Principal to promote a sense of community spirit within the School through the organising of community functions and events.
- To support new families and, where the membership and resources of the P&F allow, families in need.
Please note, all parents who assist in any capacity within the life of the school must have a Working with Children Accreditation Card. https://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/